Here is what you’ll need:
- 2 small butternut squash – (abt 4 lbs) 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 leek, white part only, sliced
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly-ground white pepper, to taste 1⁄4 cup hot whipping cream
Cut squash in halves. Clean and roast at 450 degrees until very tender, about 1 hour. Scoop out flesh with spoon and set aside.
In large soup pot, saute onions in 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat until tender. Add leek and squash and cook 5 minutes. Add chicken stock, sugar, curry powder, cumin, salt and white pepper to taste.
Place soup mixture in blender, a batch at a time, blending until smooth, and return to pot. Blend last batch with 1 tablespoon butter and cream. Return to remaining soup, stirring, and heat through. Adjust seasoning and thickness.
NOTES : Recipe from Bistro Garden at Coldwater in Studio City